About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Mt. Vayu - Sat, Jul 30 2011, Sun, Jul 31 2011, Mon, Aug 1 2011
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Mt. Vayu|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 30 2011, Sun, Jul 31 2011, Mon, Aug 1 2011
7:00 AM (Carpool Departure: N/A *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Jul 27 2011 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||8 to 10 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
6 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Drive up (via the Bridge River FSR and the Jamie Creek logging road) on Saturday, hike in and camp on or below the Pancake Glacier. We'll climb the NW ridge of Mt. Vayu on Sunday. The route is described as mostly 3rd & 4th class with sections of low 5th. There is at least one rappel. From the descent route (east ridge) we may also be able to do a traverse around to a peak NE of Mt. Vayu. We'll hike out on Monday and drive home|
|Required Items to Bring:|
enough material to build a belay anchor
crampons (not sure if these will be needed, I'll get back to you during the week before the trip)
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
This is a joint trip with the BCMC so there may be people signed up that don't show up on iCal
If you're interested in coming on this trip, please send us the following information
- Your contact phone number(s)
- What area of town you live in (in case people need rides to St. David's)?
- Do you have a tent and stove and if so, do you want to share them with someone?
- Can you bring a rope and if so, what size is it? (Tony and I will probably climb using a doubled half rope to save weight)
- Can you bring a light rack?
- A description of your mountaineering experience. What kind of mountaineering have you done over the last year or two and when was the last time you rappeled?
- Are you comfortable leading low-5th class in the mountains or would you only want to second the route? If you're not comfortable leading, I'll only be able to confirm your participation if I can find someone to climb with you.|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!