|Event Location:||Squamish, Smoke Bluffs|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Apr 30 2011, Sun, May 1 2011
8:15 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:30 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Apr 28 2011 11:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||8 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$50.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
4 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Meet each day at 7:30am in the parking lot of St. David's Church at the Taylor Way Exit of Hwy 1.
Carpool to Squamish/Smoke Bluffs.
Course duration: until about 4pm each day.|
|Required Items to Bring:|
- belay device
- at least one pear-shaped carabiner
- personal prusik (7mm, 1.5m long for rappelling)
- climbing harness
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- climbing shoes
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||100Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $25.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Friday, April 26, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
This is a 2 day course intended to teach club members how to build anchors
for top roping and how to rappel. The objective it is give participants a
chance to learn how to build different types of anchors and to practice
what they learn in a controlled setting. Evaluation of anchors with respect
to security criteria is an important part of the course.|
- overview of tope rope anchor building equipment
- set up top rope anchors
- evaluate top rope anchors: EARNEST criteria
- set up anchors for rappelling
- practice rappelling
- belaying from above
- experience with belaying
Applicants who sign up for this course will be will be reviewed prior to acceptance into the course. DO NOT PAY until you have been notified of your acceptance into the course.
Download the course handout. (PDF 145 kb)
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||course fee|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Thu, Apr 28 2011.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!