|Event Location:||Squamish, Smoke Bluffs|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 11 2019, Sun, May 12 2019
8:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, May 3 2019 11:55:00 PM
|Event Duration:||Full Weekend|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$70.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
7 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
This 2-day course introduces participants to
climbing using gear for protection. The
of the weekend is on placing gear
(camming devices, nuts, etc.) and
evaluating placements. |
will have the opportunity to practice gear
placements on mock leads as well as
have their placements evaluated by the
instructors and other members of the group.
Practice and evaluate gear placements.
Racks and racking.
Avoiding rope drag.
Impact forces and fall factors.
Mock leads and (if progress permits) real
- Top-rope climbing experience: belaying and
- Minimum required climbing skills: 5.9
indoors); of particular importance are crack
- Rappelling experience.
- Knots: Clove hitch, Munter hitch, Figure 8,
In addition to signing up via the calendar,
you must also fill out this
Form to participate in
this course. (the link will open in a
tab or window).
Applicants who sign up for this course will be
reviewed prior to acceptance into the course.
Please also download and read the
All applicants must fulfill the course
If within the first week after the event was
posted to the calendar more than 8 qualified
members sign up for the event, applicants
are selected by the number of events of the ACC
Vancouver Section they have attended in the
Otherwise selection is by
order of signup.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Belay device.
- Climbing harness.
- Climbing shoes.
- At least one pear-shaped locking carabiner.
- Personal prusik (7mm, 1.5m long for
- One 120cm sling (double length sling).
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||110Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $27.50 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Sunday, November 17, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
DO NOT PAY until
been notified of your acceptance into the
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Fri, May 3 2019.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!