|Event Type:||Rock Climbing|
|Event Location:||Squamish, Smoke Bluffs|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 28 2016, Sun, May 29 2016
8:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, May 20 2016 4:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||about 8 hours each day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$30.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
22 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
This is a 2 day course intended to give
participants an introduction to rock climbing. The
to provide a learning environment where people can
learn the basic elements of outdoor rock
climbing safely. |
- Putting on a harness.
- Learning about climbing gear.
- Tying basic knots.
- Checking your partner.
- Belaying with a tube device.
- Communications between partners.
- Basic climbing techniques.
- Rappelling safely.
- Rope coiling.
|Required Items to Bring:|
If you do not own all of the required equipment,
ask the course organizers about
the possibility of renting or borrowing gear.
- Climbing shoes (can be rented from MEC).
- Belay device.
- Climbing harness.
- 2 locking carabiners; at least one pear-shaped Munter carabiner.
- double length (120 cm) sling.
- Personal prusik (7mm, 1.5m long for
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
-Weather appropriate Clothing
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||110Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $27.50 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Friday, April 26, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Course fees|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Fri, May 20 2016.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!