|Event Location:||Squamish, Smoke Bluffs|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 7 2016, Sun, May 8 2016
8:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:15 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Tue, May 3 2016 11:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||8 hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$50.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
8 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
This is a 2 day course intended to introduce club
members to single-
pitch sport climbing, i.e. leading on on bolted
Participants will learn how to use quickdraws to
protect themselves on
lead on a bolted route and how to setup and
dismantel anchors when
sport climbing. The first day will be instruction
and climbing, and the
second day mostly supervised climbing.
- Selecting the necessary equipment.
- Clipping techniques.
- Avoiding clipping mistakes (back-clipping and
- Proper lead belaying techniques (using ATC or
- Setting up sport climbing anchors.
- Cleaning the anchor and lowering.
- Top roping climbing experience, - some outdoor
experience is preferred.
- Comfortable and experienced with belaying.
- Able to tie in securely and check partner.
- Climbing confidently at 5.9 indoors:
participants should be able to
climb ANY 5.9 route in an indoor climbing gym
weighting the rope or pausing for long period of
time during the climb.
Applicants who sign up for this course will be
will be reviewed prior to acceptance into the
course. DO NOT PAY until
you have been notified of your acceptance into the
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Belay device.
- Climbing harness.
- Climbing shoes.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||100Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $25.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Tuesday, April 23, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Course fees.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Tue, May 3 2016.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!