About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Introduction to Backcountry Skiing, Coquihalla Pass - Fri, Jan 23 2015, Sat, Jan 24 2015, Sun, Jan 25 2015
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Coquihalla Lakes Lodges|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jan 23 2015, Sat, Jan 24 2015, Sun, Jan 25 2015
7:00 PM (Carpool Departure: N/A *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Jan 16 2015 12:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||3 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$120.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Registration is First-Come/First-Serve
|Number Registered So Far:||
18 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
The training will be based out of the Coquihalla Lake Lodge. We will meet on Friday at 7pm in the lodge, where we will start the training with a classroom session. We will get up early Saturday morning for a full day outside, which will be followed by another class room session. Sunday will be another full day outside. We plan to be back at the cars around sunset.
Details and carpool locations will follow so keep an eye on the website.
The cost for the course is $120 - for detailed cost information see below.
Payment for the Introduction to Backcountry Skiing course can be made by PayPal here: PayPal for Introduction to Backcountry Skiing
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Ability to ride blue runs safely under all conditions on the setup you are bringing to the course.
- Touring skis (AT or telemark), or split board
- Beacon, shovel, probe
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for 2 days
- Full equipment list will be emailed
- Bed linen / sleeping bag/ pillow
- Towel, soap, etc
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||For directions see the website of our accommodation
We can try to help arrange carpools.
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||400Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $100.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Tuesday, April 23, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
This training will focus on the basic knowledge and skills necessary for travel on skis/split-boards in the backcountry. Topics that will be covered include
Note that this training is not a substitute for proper avalanche training such as AST 1.
- equipment usage,
- trip planning,
- basic navigation,
- route finding,
- basic avalanche knowledge,
- and more ...
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
- Accommodation for two nights,
- GST, PST.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Fri, Jan 16 2015.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!