About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Mt Baker (Coleman-Deming) - Sat, Aug 16 2014, Sun, Aug 17 2014
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Mount Baker, Heliotripe ridge|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Aug 16 2014, Sun, Aug 17 2014
9:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:30 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Aug 7 2014 9:00:00 AM
|Event Duration:||2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
19 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
This is an easier mountaineering trip oriented to less experienced club and new leaders. Priority will be given first to people who have completed BM-1, and second to members who have been active in the club. Note: this is not a course or an instructional event.
The most difficult part is the distance and effort. Expect about 6 hours of climbing on Saturday and 12 hours on Sunday. We'll take it easy and won't be planning to set any speed records.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Montaineering gear (shared: rope; individual: ice ax, crampons, helmet, harness, prussic cords, two locking biners)
- Camping gear (shared: tent/pot/stove, individual: sleeping bag/pad)
- Clothing: Expect up to 25C during the day and down to 0C at night. Also, bring a rain jacket/pants.
- Food: 2 lunches, 1 breakfast, 1 dinner.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- I suggest that for breakfast at least, you bring snack food that you can munch on while moving; having a 15 minute break in the freezing cold at 6am isn't very enjoyable.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Go to Glacier, WA. Stop at ranger station and pick up pass ($10/car). Drive E down the highway and take the second right on Glacier Creek Road. Drive up staight until you hit the parking lot.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!