About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Baby Munday & Mt. Stewart - Sat, Sep 27 2014, Sun, Sep 28 2014
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Chilliwack River Valley|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Sep 27 2014, Sun, Sep 28 2014
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Sep 25 2014 7:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||8-10 hours per day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
Members & Guests, All Ages Welcome
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
6 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|We’ll drive in and hike up to camp on Saturday and then climb Stewart (class 3) in the afternoon if people have the time and energy. On Sunday we’ll climb Baby Munday (mostly class 3 with a couple of sections of class 4). Note that this is the true summit of Baby Munday, not the scrambling route to the north peak described in Matt Gunn’s scramble guide.
This trip will be cancelled or postponed if the weather forecast for the weekend isn't good.
Questions for participants
• What is your contact information? (e-mail, phone, cell phone if you will have one on the trip)
• What is your recent climbing & mountaineering experience?
• Can you lead class 4 in the mountains?
• Can you bring a rope (specify size & length) and/or a light rack?
• Do you have a tent and stove?
• Do you want to share a tent and/or stove with someone?
• Do you have a high clearance 4WD vehicle and if so, how many people can it hold (including yourself)
• What area of town do you live in?
|Required Items to Bring:|
• Belay rappel device and a pear shaped locking biner
• Personal anchor and locking biner
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||Road access is via Chilliwack Lake Road, Foley Creek FSR (4.4k) and Airplane Creek Road (~5.5k). According to the latest report on bivouac (June 2014) Airplane Creek Road has deep cross ditches all the way up and requires a HC 4WD vehicle. The number of participants may be fewer than 8 if we don’t have enough people with HC 4WD vehicles. We recommend that drivers and passengers use the BCMC driver compensation guidelines: https://bcmc.ca/club_driver_guidelines.php |
We won’t be able respond to voice mail or e-mail from Aug 30 to Sep 14. If you inquire about the trip during that time we'll get back to you on Sep 15.
This will be a joint BCMC/ACC trip and waivers for both clubs will be required.|
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!