|Event Type:||Rock Climbing|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, May 24 2014, Sun, May 25 2014
8:00 AM (Carpool Departure: 7:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, May 16 2014 4:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||about 8 hours each day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$30.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
22 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|on both days meet at the St.David's church parking lot for carpooling and leave at 7am to head to the Smoke Bluffs in Squamish.
|Required Items to Bring:|
-Climbing shoes (can be rented from MEC)
-1.5m x 7mm cordelette (prusik cord for rappelling)
If you do not own all of the required equipment, ask the course organizers about the possibility of renting or borrowing gear.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
-Weather appropriate clothing
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||140Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $35.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Friday, April 19, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
This is a 2 day course intended to give an introduction to rock climbing. The goal is to provide a safe learning environment where people can learn the most basic elements of outdoor rock climbing.|
- Putting on a harness
- Learning about materials used in rock climbing
- Basic knots: figure 8, overhand, fisherman's, etc.
- Tying into the rope
- Checking your partner
- Belaying with an ATC device
- Communicating between climbing partners
- Basic climbing techniques
- Rappelling with safety backup
- Rope coiling
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||course fee|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Fri, May 16 2014.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!