About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Introduction to backcountry skiing, Coquihalla Pass - Fri, Jan 31 2014, Sat, Feb 1 2014, Sun, Feb 2 2014
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Coquihalla Lake Lodges|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Jan 31 2014, Sat, Feb 1 2014, Sun, Feb 2 2014
|Registration Cut Off:
Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||3 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$120.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Registration is First-Come/First-Serve
|Number Registered So Far:||
23 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|This training will focus on the basic knowledge and skills necessary
for travel on skis/split-boards in the backcountry. Topics that will be covered
equipment usage, trip planning, basic navigation, route finding, basic
avalanche knowledge, etc.
Note that this training is not a
substitute for proper avalanche training such as AST 1.
The training will be based out of the Coquihalla Lake Lodge. We
will meet on Friday at 7pm in the lodge, where we will start the
training with a classroom session. We will get up early Saturday
morning for a full day
outside, which will be followed by another class room session.
Sunday will be another full day outside. We plan to be back at the
around sunset. Details will follow so keep an eye on the website
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Ability to ride blue runs safely under all conditions on the setup you are bringing to the course
- Touring skis (AT or telemark), or split board
- Beacon, shovel, probe
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks for 2 days
- Full equipment list will be emailed
- Bed linen / sleeping bag/ pillow
- Towel, soap, etc
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||For directions see the website of our accommodation
We can try to help arrange carpools.
Please note that Nicole & Colin will have limited e-mail/phone access from Dec 13 to Jan 13. If you have any questions about the course please direct them to any of the other instructors.|
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||- Accommodation for two nights.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Thu, Jan 16 2014.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!