About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Wilderness First Aid Training Course by Red Cross, 20 hours - Fri, Oct 4 2013, Sat, Oct 5 2013, Sun, Oct 6 2013
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Fri night: tbd in Coquitlam; Sat and Sun: Mundy Park in Coquitlam|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Oct 4 2013, Sat, Oct 5 2013, Sun, Oct 6 2013
6:00 PM (Carpool Departure: N/A *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Mon, Sep 30 2013 12:55:00 PM
|Event Duration:||20 Hours|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$200.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members & Guests, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
8 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Wilderness First Aid Course: Red Cross Spiritus
Training, 20 hours
This is a 20-hour Wilderness and Remote First Aid
course over two and a half
by Spiritus Training:
- This course is ideal for ACC leaders and
members who participate in
or remote activities
within hours or days of advanced medical care. The
course will be an intense
weekend and will enable
participants to have an appreciation for the
realities of providing First Aid
- The course will take place almost entirely
outside -- rain, snow or shine.
- When completed you will receive a nationally
for Wilderness and
Remote First Aid (WRFA).
- The course includes CPR Level C and AED
- The cost is $200 + tax. This includes a $25
discount given exclusively to
- Friday, Oct. 4, from 6pm-10pm at an indoor
location tbd in or near
- Saturday, Oct. 5, from 9am-11pm (This is a
long day, and includes a night
scenario, so come prepared
with proper clothes. We will break for dinner.)
Location is Mundy Park in
Coquitlam. A map will be
provided before the course starts.
- Sunday, Oct. 6, from 9am-5pm. Location is
Mundy Park in Coquitlam.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Additional details, waivers, gear lists, etc
- Payment will be made directly to Spiritus
Training by check, cash or PayPal
email@example.com Please mention the Oct. 4-6
ACC WRFA course. Only pay
after you have
been approved for this course by the event leader.
- If you have any First Aid scenarios you’d like
to have included in this
course, please let
your event leader know in advance.
- We will try to organize carpools for the two
days and one evening.
- If you are an ACC event leader, you may be
eligible for some reimbursement
That is tbd.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||150Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $37.50 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Wednesday, November 14, 2018). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.|
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Mon, Sep 30 2013.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!