About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
20 Hour - WILDERNESS FIRST AID COURSE - St John Ambulance - Thu, Jun 20 2013, Sat, Jun 22 2013, Sun, Jun 23 2013
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||223 Mountain Hwy Suite 106, North Vancouver, BC V7J3V3 & Lighthouse Park (weekend)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Thu, Jun 20 2013, Sat, Jun 22 2013, Sun, Jun 23 2013
|Registration Cut Off:
Fri, Jun 7 2013 4:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||5.30pm - 10pm|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$207.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members & Guests, 18 & Older Only
Registration is First-Come/First-Serve
|Number Registered So Far:||
15 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|1. Thursday June 20th - 5.30pm to 10pm at 223 Mountain
HWY, Suite 106, North Van, V7J 3V3 - theory class and CPR
2. Saturday June 22nd & Sunday the 23rd - 8am to 5pm
both weekend days at
Lighthouse Park (West
3. this specialized dual certification course is designed for
people who work or play outdoors; it is taught using videos,
work and text books, and supervised outdoor practical
sessions; the course is designed for those who enjoy the
outdoors, learning emergency preparedness, and making
right decisions to ensure their own safety and that of
4. CERTIFICATION RECEIVED: St. John Ambulance Standard
Aid for Wilderness certificate, valid for 3 years; and a CPR-B
5. pre-reading is required and materials can be picked up
(location to be determined).
|Required Items to Bring:|
Information will be provided by St. John Ambulance before
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
The course goes rain or shine so please dress appropriately
bring your lunch for both weekend days.
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||#106-223 Mountain Highway North Vancouver, BC, V7J 3V3|
Payment required when organizer asks you to do so.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette
at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
1. no tax & costs include book and other reading materials
2. price is normally $230; however, we have received a 10%
3. if 15+ participants sign up = 15% discount ($195.50); &
4. if 20+ participants sign up = 20% discount ($184).
5. Financial support for members taking non-
PLEASE PAY BY
SENDING AN INTERAC EMAIL TO
TREASURER@ACCVANCOUVER.ORG AND PLEASE INCLUDE A
NOTE THAT IT IS FOR THIS COURSE OR, BY PAYPAL WITH A
PREMIUM FOR PAYPAL COST OR BY CHEQUE, PLEASE EMAIL
ORGANIZER FOR AN ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO.
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Fri, Jun 7 2013.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!
*Note: Please note that participants will be billed unless
notice is received (2) business days
prior to the course start date, however no refund will be
for course books. St. John Ambulance will also retain a
refundable administration fee of $20 for any courses twenty
(20) hours or less; To transfer the course date or location
is a non-refundable administration fee of $20.00 (plus GST
applicable) for courses twenty (20) hours or less. Students
not eligible for a refund once a transfer has been arranged.