|Event Location:||Mt Sproatt (Callaghan area by Whistler)|
|Date(s) & Time:||Sun, Apr 21 2013
6:30 AM (Carpool Departure: 6:30 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Sat, Apr 20 2013 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||all day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
Members & Guests, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
6 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|In case you don't have plans for Sunday yet and would like to go on a relatively easy ski trip, here's a last-minute offer:|
Mt Sproatt (1830m) might often get overlooked as it looks like an “insignificant bump” in the shadow of a much more prominent Rainbow Mountain right across the valley but it is a worth-while destination - pleasant rolling subalpine and alpine terrain leading to a gentle summit with great views of Blackcomb, Whistler, Rainbow and other mountains. Although it could be suitable for beginners, the almost 1200m elevation gain does require a decent fitness level and there is a short steep narrow tricky section in the forest that may require some agility :-)
Total distance: 16km
Elevation gain: 1160m
Total ski time: 6-8hrs
Leave Vancouver: 6:30am
Leave trailhead: 9:00am
Back by cars: 5:00pm at the very latest - we'll most likely be down by 4:00pm, if not even earlier...
Back in Vancouver: 6:00 – 7:00pm (depending on whether we stop in Squamish for dinner – group decision..)
Because this is a last-minute super-short-notice posting, if you're interested please send me an email ASAP (firstname.lastname@example.org) where you answer the following:
1. When did you last do an AST-related training/practice? How competent do feel in avalanche prevention and rescue?
2. What's your fitness and ski level?
3. Do you have a vehicle and, if needed, are you willing to drive and offer a ride to others? If so, how many people (including yourself) AND gear are you willing to take?
4. Where will you be coming from? Can you get to the meeting/carpool location or will you need a ride?
5. What's your phone number you can be reached at?
6. What's the name and phone number of your emergency contact?
|Required Items to Bring:|
transceiver, probe, shovel AND the ability to use them efficiently!!!
ski gear and suitable clothing
sufficient amount of food and drink for the day
eye protection (goggles/sunglasses)
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
|How to Get There:|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||280Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
Approximate vehicle expense for this event is $70.00 (calculated at total Km * $0.25, effective Saturday, October 19, 2019). This is based on the current provincial government rate for private vehicle use. Please pay your share of the cost to the carpool driver.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!