About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Watercolour Painting En Plein Air Workshop - Fri, Sep 18 2009, Sat, Sep 19 2009, Sun, Sep 20 2009
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Event Location:||Baker Lodge at the Mount Baker ski area, Washington State|
|Date(s) & Time:||Fri, Sep 18 2009, Sat, Sep 19 2009, Sun, Sep 20 2009
11:30 AM (Carpool Departure: 8:00 AM *log in for location*)
|Registration Cut Off:
Mon, Sep 14 2009 5:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||6 hours hiking/painting average per day|
|Difficulty Rating:||D1: Easy|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$220.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Registration is First-Come/First-Serve
|Number Registered So Far:||
2 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Join aspiring ACC artists for 3 great days at Baker Lodge in the Mt. Baker ski area. Enjoy ease of access, a myriad of trails, fabulous and varied alpine scenery, and amazing fall colours. The lodge provides a cosy lounge and large dining room, comfortable bunks and plentiful tasty meals. Instruction and guidance will be provided by artist Velvet Bailes. Partners are welcome to attend to form a hiking group at minimum cost.
Questions: Liz Scremin 604-921-2651 after Sept 6|
|Required Items to Bring:|
1) overnight gear for staying at Baker Lodge: sleeping bag, pillow, PJs, ear plugs, toiletries, headlamp
2) hiking gear for day hikes: light boots, day pack, water bottle, sunhat, sunscreen, sunglasses, range of clothes for sun and rain
3) drawing and painting materials: sketchbook, pencils, pens, stretched watercolour paper, paints, brushes, water container (A full materials list will be sent out.)
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
Optional Items: light-weight easel, camera
|How to Get There:|
|Event Directions:||From Vancouver take Highway 1 east to the Sumas Exit. Drive south through the US border crossing.
Follow signs for the Mount Baker Ski Area... passing through the towns of Kendall and Glacier.
Baker Lodge is right up in the ski area, on the right-hand side, just past Picture Lake.
If the weather is reasonable, we will meet at the end of the road at Artists Point. If the weather is poor, we will meet at Picture Lake.|
|Carpool to Event Distance (round trip):||0Km|
|Carpool Departure Time:||
Log in for location
Log in for directions
** Vancouver Transit Info
To register, send $100 deposit (made out to ACC-Vancouver Section) to Liz Scremin (H 604-921-2651 after Sept 6)
- Registration is not complete until you've signed up and, if required, paid in full to the Alpine Club of Canada Vancouver Section, either through PayPal, or sent to the Event Leader.
- When a minimum group size appears, this is to let you know that the event will be cancelled with refunds to those who have already paid, if the minimum number of registered participants is not met.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Cost & Payment:|
|Cost Includes:||Two nights accommodation, all meals and instruction.|
|Payment Cut Off:||Payment must be received by the ACC VA on Mon, Sep 14 2009.|
|Make a Payment:||Click here for the details. PLEASE PAY AFTER YOU HAVE SIGNED UP BELOW.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!