About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
Advanced skills for rock climbing - Sat, Aug 25 2012, Sun, Aug 26 2012
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Aug 25 2012, Sun, Aug 26 2012
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:00:00 PM
|Event Duration:||2 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D2: Moderate|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$50.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, All Ages Welcome
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
12 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|Improve your systems for multipitch climbing|
This two days training of hard skills will cover advanced placement protections and belay stations, extended belays, station management and improving efficiency, managing three and four people in one team, ascending and lowering systems as well as self-rescue systems on multi-pitch routes (counterbalance system) to become self reliant and perform improvised self-rescue skills using basic equipment. This training is ideal for climbing partners wanting to improve their knowledge and skills on safety and efficiency.
- Lead climbing on placed protections
- Building anchors on placed protections
- Knowledge on how to install a rappel
- Knots: Clove hitch, Munter hitch, figure-8 knot, Prussik, etc.
$50. Please make payment on the first day of the training.
The cost covers the use of the Vancouver section's gear.
|Required Items to Bring:|
- Harness with a belay loop
- Climbing shoes
- Set of quick draws (sport & mountaineering). Gear available from the section
- Rack of passive protections and camming units (1 set for two people). Gear available from the section
- Cleaning tool
- 1 multi-purpose belay device (Reverso or ATC Guide type)
- 5 locking carabiners (minimum)
- 1 short prussik cord (1.5m - 7mm)
- 2 long prussik cords (5m - 7mm)
- 2 120cm sewn slings
- 1 ratchet device (tibloc, microtraction, ropeman...)
- 1 pulley
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
You can contact me by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by phone: 604 837 3784
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the ACC VA. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!