About ACC VA
Alpine Club of Canada
ACC Vancouver Island
Varsity Outdoor Club
ACC Trip Waiver
UIAA Rock Climbing Instructor course - Sat, Jul 28 2012, Sun, Jul 29 2012, Sat, Aug 4 2012, Sun, Aug 5 2012, Mon, Aug 6 2012, Sat, Aug 11 2012, Sun, Aug 12 2012, Sat, Aug 18 2012, Sun, Aug 19 2012
Download to your Outlook Calendar
PRE-REGISTRATION MAY BE REQUIRED. Please review the event details carefully, and if registration is required and you'd like to join us, you must sign up at the bottom of this page. Non-member guests must contact the leader (see Notes below) to register. If payment is required for this event, you will be expected to send your payment to the Event Leader - payable to the Alpine Club of Canada, Vancouver Section.
|Date(s) & Time:||Sat, Jul 28 2012, Sun, Jul 29 2012, Sat, Aug 4 2012, Sun, Aug 5 2012, Mon, Aug 6 2012, Sat, Aug 11 2012, Sun, Aug 12 2012, Sat, Aug 18 2012, Sun, Aug 19 2012
|Registration Cut Off:
Wed, Jul 25 2012 11:55:00 PM
|Event Duration:||9 days|
|Difficulty Rating:||D3: Difficult|
You must be logged in to get the Event Leader contact information.
|Member Cost:||$960.00/Person (See Detailed Cost Info Below)|
Members Only, 18 & Older Only
Attendees are Pre-Screened - Trip Leader will review your background and may contact you before accepting you on the trip.
|Number Registered So Far:||
0 (To see who's signed up, log in to the Member Area)
|After this training, the candidate will be proficient in leadership and teaching skills during a rock climbing activity on top-rope, with leader-placed or bolted protection and on single or multi-pitch terrain, according to the standards of the International Mountaineering Federation (UIAA).|
• Lead rock climbing routes with leader-placed protection of a minimum grade of 5.8
• Complete an online pre-assessment form describing the candidate's climbing experience
• Know the sport and trad climbing equipment and how to use it
• Master the use of personal and collective equipment
• Know and master the placement of passive protection and camming units
• Identify and know the use of anchors available on climbing routes
• Master the techniques of belaying using different systems and devices
• Know how to install a multi-pitch rappel, including a backup belay system
• Understand how to use guide books on climbing sites
• Choose the appropriate route difficulty and length
• Know the history and ethics of sport and trad climbing
• Comply with regulations for the use of climbing sites
• Understand the impact on the environment while using a climbing site
• Provide leadership in the organization of a group during an outdoor activity
• Know how to respond appropriately to an incident or accident
DURATION, SCOPE AND COST
This training takes a total of 9 days.
It has two parts, theoretical and practical, designed to measure the skills of the candidates.
These include all the principles of instruction, leadership and safety according to the international standards while conducting a rock climbing activity.
The course will test the candidates' knowledge of climbing and their ability to conduct training with students through several themes related to single and multi-pitch climbing.
The cost of the training is $960. It does not include food and accommodation.
Please coordinate payment with Chelsea at the National Office.
Registration must be done through the Mountain Adventures Coordinator at the National Office. Please go to the registration form by clicking the following link:
There is no need to register through the Vancouver section website.
Please download the following pdf for more information:
ACC Training Commission
UIAA Training Standards
Administrative contact: Chelsea Selinger - 403 678 3200 ext. 112 - email@example.com
Technical contact: Benoit Waller - 604 837 3784 - firstname.lastname@example.org
|Required Items to Bring:|
Please see documentation for complete list of gear.
|Recommended Items to Bring:|
Use our Event Checklists to make sure you have everything you need.
- We encourage all members to follow our Etiquette Guidelines at all times while participating in ACC VA events.|
|Make a Payment:||Although there is a cost for this event, you do not pay through the ACC VA. Please review the event details carefully for information about how/where to make your payment.|
Please review our Etiquette Guidelines!
Note: If you don't show up we will be very hurt!